Customers problems, needed to be solved
- The necessity to move the current IT infrastructure of the Company’s head office in Moscow to a new location
- Tight deadlines for moving to the new office – within two day offs
- The necessity to ensure the continuity of operation of the Customer’s services and IT infrastructure during the working hours
- The necessity to reorganize network access equipment and FWSM firewall settings
- To design a new functionality of the IT infrastructure of the new office within a limited time before relocating
- To organize a supply of equipment to retrofit existing LAN subsystems
- To prepare new Data Processing Center premises for relocation
- To manage works on relocation according to a per-minute timing (planning, control) on all IT infrastructure subsystems
- To relocate the Company’s equipment (19 racks of equipment) from the old server to a new one during the Weekend (Saturday, Sunday)
- To conduct connection and reconfiguration of the new equipment
- To deploy and configure network equipment
- To test the performance of all systems and services
The IT infrastructure was relocated and reorganized. This system, serving more than 700 user ports, consisted of such subsystems as:
- Local computing network, based on Catalyst 6500 Cisco Systems switches under the control of Cisco Prime
- POLYCOM video conferencing system, based on MGC100, RSS 2000, CMA 4000
- APC Symmetra 80kW uninterruptible power supply with three battery cabinets and controlled bypass input, providing up to 30 minutes of trouble-free operation with 80kW consumption;
- Computer complex, consisting of HP C7000 blade servers and DL380 servers, HP EVA and EMC storage and backup systems, Brocade 300 SAN switches.
- The IT structures of the new premises was launched on time
- New network settings were implemented operatively and correctly
- The computational and functional properties of the Data Processing Center, the full functional of the entire video conferencing system were saved during the relocation. This allowed the Customer to avoid losses associated with the idle time.
- SCS for connecting equipment to the Data Processing Center was constructed with the use if materials with an optimal ‘price/quality’ ratio, which allowed Customer to reduce expenses without reducing the quality and reliability of switching equipment.
- The efficiency of network management was increased, which allowed the Customer to optimize expenses on technical personnel and maintenance of the IT infrastructure