Customers problems to be solved
- To restrict expansion of user licenses in existing VoIP system;
- To improve the efficiency of internal communication;
- To improve the reliability of IP-telephony as a whole.
- To set up a new telephony cluster on the base of Cisco BE6000 Servers and Cisco Unified Communications Manager software;
- To launch Cisco Jabber Unified Communications Service able to work both within and outside of corporate network;
- To increase communications quality by using video calls;
- To install and configure phone record system.
Customer’s VoIP system to be upgraded was based on Cisco CUCM 7.X solution, to which more than 500 users were connected. Only basic functions of the system (conducting calls between external and internal users) were used. Cisco CUCM 7.X had no potential for prospective scaling and could not be used as a basic platform for setting up a Unified Communication System.
Under the project, delivery of equipment and complex of works for the launch of Unified Communication System on a turn-key basis were made. System being implemented included the following components: Cisco CUCM 11.5 virtual server, Cisco IM&P and Cisco Expressway X8.9 Unified Communication servers, Zoom CallRec call recording servers.
Cisco Jabber software tool, which supports instant messaging, transferring files, conducting voice and video calls and sharing desktop between users, was launched. All Cisco Jabber functions are available both within and outside on corporate network. Client can be installed on various operating systems: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android. PostgreSQL data base was set up and launched to enable Persistent Chat function.
The following works were conducted for realization of the project:
- Cisco BE6000 separate servers set up;
- Installation and configuration of Unified Communication components;
- Setup transferring from existing VoIP system by using Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment 11.5 software;
- Installation and configuration of Cisco Jabber software components;
- Installation and configuration of Zoom recording system.
For setting up of IT-infrastructure Cisco’s and Zoom's solutions were implemented.
- The efficiency of communication and interaction between employees has been increased;
- An opportunity to scale the system has been received;
- Basis for the further implementation of video conferencing systems has been set up.