Any activity in the present-day world of information is related to the operation of numerous and diverse software products. Some of these products may have accidental or, even worse, intentional malicious impact on a single machine or even on the entire system. This may result in a variety of negative consequences—from corrupting or stealing sensitive data to an outage of network infrastructure elements.
To prevent such events, organizing proper antivirus protection plays a crucial role.
- Organizing antivirus protection of terminal user equipment
- Antivirus protection for servers
- Antivirus protection for email systems
- Network traffic analysis for malicious software
Depending on the requirements and tasks, the antivirus system can be built using the following components:
- The user antivirus software protects the terminal network user equipment.
- The server antivirus software protects mail and file servers.
- The antivirus gateway analyzes the passing network traffic for malicious software.
- A single control and monitoring console is a mechanism for controlling the state of the antivirus system on all network devices and prompt responding to detected security threats.
Benefits of the subsystem:
- Preventing the corruption or stealing of sensitive data by using malicious software
- Preventing deterioration of performance and incorrect operation of user and server equipment
- Protecting the network infrastructure elements