A high-performance local area network is a crucial IT infrastructure component of any present-day company. IT infrastructure is mainly based on the local area network. Therefore, the quality level of the LAN's design and implementation determines the operational quality of the entire IT infrastructure.
A properly designed local area network provides a high-performance and resilient network environment.
Regardless of the scale and type of activity, the reliable local area network is one of the key factors for creating a stable foundation for any company's IT infrastructure.
- Creating a single information environment for using business applications, services, and information resources of the company
- Internet access with an option to organize a single corporate policy for information security
- Data transmission network for corporate network services (Voice over IP, email, videoconferencing systems, process video surveillance systems)
- Access to all business applications and business data
Depending on the applicable requirements and tasks, local area networks typically consist of three types of devices:
- Switches: integral network elements that provide the initial point of connection to LAN at the required speed for end network devices (computers, printers, IP phones, webcams, wireless access points, etc.).
- Routers: key elements for operating the network. Their main function is to ensure secure interaction between networks and connection to network providers. A router is a traffic controller that selects the best and the fastest route to deliver data. Routers may also operate as converters between different protocol and data types, for example, data can be retrieved from an Ethernet network and forwarded to a serial network.
- Network firewalls. At the present time, information security is the most challenging issue. Therefore, to ensure efficient protection of the LAN's perimeter against aggravating external threats, it makes sense to use network firewalls that filter traffic, detect and neutralize advanced threats, protect against attacks, encrypt traffic, ensure remote user access to the LAN's resources, authenticate users.
Benefits of the subsystem:
- High-speed access to information within a single information environment
- Multiservice support: transmission of any traffic type via a single communication channel
- Quick access to IT services and peripheral devices
- Convenient information processing and transmission
- Real-time access to corporate resources
- Significant acceleration of communication between employees
- Easy management, scaling, and operation