Nowadays, the information technology business requires more and more with respect to network agility and scalability. Traditional architectures are replaced by software-defined networks where control functions are separated from traffic transmission means. Flexible usage of all the available communication channels makes it possible to ensure high resilience of the network, while the option to control traffic at the application level significantly improves data transmission quality for running services and simplifies managing physical devices in the network.
- Deployment of a network of distributed branches (data centers) using several communication channels
- Ensuring quality control for the available channels
- Unification of policies for traffic routing and control within the organization's data network
- Automatic bandwidth management taking account of the available data transmission channels
SDN (SD-WAN) controller is the key component of any SDN solution. The controller directly manages all end devices and connections in accordance with the data routing policy.
- The administration (control) subsystem is a single point of termination for SDN network control policies. In addition, the subsystem provides an interface for managing the SDN network devices. The subsystem is also responsible for monitoring, detecting, and fixing network faults.
- The data transmission subsystem includes actual data transmission devices (routers) that establish secure connections and forward traffic within the network in accordance with applicable policies and services quality parameters.
Benefits of the subsystem:
- Lower spending on network infrastructure maintenance and operation thanks to simpler administration
- Rapid deployment of new offices without the participation of technical specialists (ZTP)
- Intelligent control of the application traffic
- Guaranteed SLA compliance for business applications
- Quick response to changes in the network
- Optimized usage of existing communication channels
- Lower spending on costly end equipment
- Control and management functions are performed by a single SD-WAN controller rather than by multiple network devices